Southgate are a family owned business, employing over 60 people across multiple disciplines. We adopt a 'can do' attitude with a collaborative approach.
Manage production teams within a product stream to ensure a safe environment, within an inclusive and engaging culture for all employees ensuring that customer requirements are met on time, in full and to the specified quality standards while maintaining appropriate resource levels to deliver business objectives and customer service expectations.
Act as a role model for the Operations function, leading by example and championing the Core Values in all activities and interactions.
- Foster a work place culture in all functions within own remit that prioritises the health, safety, environment and well-being of our employees. Rigorously manage non-conformance or contrary behaviours where known.
- Drive a work place culture in assigned product stream that prioritises the health, safety and wellbeing of its employees. Rigorously manage non-conformance or contrary behaviours where known
- Work collaboratively and proactively with Programme Management, Supply Chain, Engineering, Quality, and other functions as required, to ensure local functional commitments to New product introduction activities are met.
- Within assigned product stream, deliver productivity, cost efficiency, and operational performance targets are achieved to plan and budget within allocated production area.
- Ensure proactive adherence Health and Safety, legislative and regulatory requirements to protect the company, satisfy compliance, and ensure employee well-being, whilst fostering a work place culture in functions within own remit that prioritises the health, safety, and wellbeing of its employees. Lead, embed and maintain a behavioural safety culture.
- Manage short, medium, and long term resourcing requirements (employees and equipment) proactively ensuring sufficient capacity and capability to achieve functional deliverables to budget and SI & OP deliverables.
- Maintain inventory accuracy to support Supply Chain commitments, whilst engaging Lean Manufacturing methodology and principles to deliver required product stream performance, to budget, ensuring Safety, Environmental, Quality and Production goals are met.
- Provide key input in to the pre SI&OP meetings to identify risks and risk mitigation strategies. Support Operations Manager in ensuring sufficient manufacturing and resource capacity, capability, and control disciplines are in place to fulfil customer sales orders on time, in full and to requirements, within a reliable, robust and secure manufacturing environment.
- Accountable for production plan schedule adherence to deliver customer service commitments, including executing product orders to plan and reconciliation and closure of work orders.
- Maintain, and continually enhance a suite of performance metrics monitoring the ongoing performance, and facilitating the continuous improvement, of the product stream and its associated business processes, QMS/regulatory controls, and Health & Safety obligations.
- Proactively cascade business information to team and report performance status, risks and opportunities to line management. Escalate all barriers to OTIF to functional leads.
- Monitor and control annual budget for assigned product stream in terms of employees, equipment and materials to meet Customer commitments, volume and revenue targets
- Embed and drive CI initiatives for the area. Mentor CI Champions to take leadership in DMAIC projects for area improvements, utilising CI Tools, LEAN principles and facilitate the support of the business improvement function to deliver
- Identify skills and competency gaps. Ensure personal development plans and talent matrix succession pipelines are in place and regularly reviewed and that a culture of continuous learning is promoted and maintained
- Provide clear management and direction (in line with the Core Values), coaching direct reports to improved individual as well as team, performance, ensuring appropriate, constructive and frequent feedback is maintained