Products need protecting from low-impact damage during storage and transport, particularly pallets. Actions such as Careless forklifting, load movement and even over-tension as a result of strapping or stretch wrap film, are common causes of damage. Southgate has a catalogue of different edging content:
Kraftek® edge boards are made of resilient Kraft-wrapped grey board and are used to fully protect all horizontal and vertical load edges. The boards are held in place with strapping, shrink or stretch film, they are also manufactured in a moisture-resistant grade which is even more suited to storage outside or in humid environments. They are manufactured in a range of flange widths and thicknesses, and although they are available in several popular lengths, they can be easily cut to the required dimensions to ensure complete protection.
Transpal® corrugated edge and corner protectors are more suitable where additional cushioning is needed, for example with white goods. These feature six layers of corrugated board sandwiched together to offer unprecedented protection. Also, they are perforated at handy intervals to enable them to be easily torn to the correct length.
Transpal® moulded plastic corner protectors are either ‘open’ – protecting the three sides of a corner – or ‘closed’ – protecting all four sides of the corner of a fixed depth material such as a desk top or picture frame. Another variation of the closed design is the ‘expanding’ corner protector, which incorporates a spring profile within the moulding and will naturally grip onto any corner within given thickness parameters.
Safeguard® plastic edge protectors are specifically designed for use with strapping. PRO-TEX extruded protectors, supplied in perforated roll format and packed in a handy dispenser carton, are a low-cost and compact option. Injection moulded edge protectors are supplied separately but feature raised edges that prevent the strap from slipping from the protector and digging into the carton. Some protectors also feature embossing or small plastic spikes on the inner edges that perforate the outer layer of cardboard packaging and prevent the protector from dislodging once secured by the strap.
Other popular searches on this site relating to corner and edge protection include:
• CCP15 closed corner protectors for 15mm thick materials.
• CCP18 closed corner protectors for 18mm thick materials.
• CCP22 closed corner protectors for 22mm thick materials.
• CCP28 closed corner protectors for 28mm thick materials.
• CPRO-1 open corner protectors with 60 x 28mm edge flanges.
• CPS plastic edge protectors with 28 c 25mm flanges, suitable for strap up to 19mm wide.
• CPS-E CPS protector but with embossed inner flanges.
• CPL plastic edge protectors with 37 x 32mm flanges, suitable for strap up to 30mm wide.
• CPL-SPIKE CPL protector with inner spikes for additional grippage.
• CPL-X plastic edge protectors with 48 x 42mm flanges, suitable for strap up to 40mm wide.
• CPX plastic edge protectors with 57 x 48mm flanges, suitable for strap up to 50mm wide.
• CP50120 1200mtr long perforated edge boards with 50mm wide flanges.
• CP80120 1200mtr long perforated edge boards with 80mm wide flanges.
• CPC80 corrugated corner protectors with 80mm flanges.
• EXLCP expanding corner protectors for 35 – 70mm thick materials.
• EXMCP expanding corner protectors for 16 – 40mm thick materials.
• HDRC40 heavy duty closed corner protectors for 40mm thick materials.
• KVB100.3.1000W edge boards, 100 x 100 x 3mm, 1000mm.
• KVB100.5.1000W edge boards, 100 x 100 x 5mm, 1000mm.
• KVB100.5.1830W edge boards, 100 x 100 x 5mm, 1830mm.
• KVB35.2.1000 edge boards, 35 x 35 x 2mm, 1000mm.
• KVB35.2.1200 edge boards, 35 x 35 x 2mm, 1200mm.
• KVB35.2.2000 edge boards, 35 x 35 x 2mm, 2000mm.
• KVB35.3.1000 edge boards, 35 x 35 x 3mm, 1000mm.
• KVB35.3.1200 edge boards, 35 x 35 x 3mm, 1200mm.
• KVB35.3.1500 edge boards, 35 x 35 x 3mm, 1500mm.
• KVB35.3.1750 edge boards, 35 x 35 x 3mm, 1750mm.
• KVB35.3.1800 edge boards, 35 x 35 x 3mm, 1800mm.
• KVB35.3.2000 edge boards, 35 x 35 x 3mm, 2000mm.
• KVB35.3.475 edge boards, 35 x 35 x 3mm, 475mm.
• KVB35.3.500-40 edge boards, 35 x 35 x 3mm, 500mm.
• KVB35.3.910 edge boards, 35 x 35 x 3mm, 910mm.
• KVB35.4.532 edge boards, 35 x 35 x 4mm, 532mm.
• KVB45.3.1000-50 edge boards, 45 x 45 x 3mm, 1000mm.
• KVB50.2.1000 edge boards, 50 x 50 x 2mm, 1000mm.
• KVB50.3.1000 edge boards, 50 x 50 x 3mm, 1000mm.
• KVB50.3.1200 edge boards, 50 x 50 x 3mm, 1200mm.
• KVB50.3.1500 edge boards, 50 x 50 x 3mm, 1500mm.
• KVB50.3.1750 edge boards, 50 x 50 x 3mm, 1750mm.
• KVB50.3.1800 edge boards, 50 x 50 x 3mm, 1800mm.
• KVB50.3.2000 edge boards, 50 x 50 x 3mm, 2000mm.
• KVB50.3.500-40 edge boards, 50 x 50 x 3mm, 500mm.
• KVB50.3.900 edge boards, 50 x 50 x 3mm, 900mm.
• KVB50.35.1280 edge boards, 50x50x3.5mm, 1280mm.
• KVB50.35.580 edge boards, 50x50x3.5mm, 580mm.
• KVB50.35.780 edge boards, 50x50x3.5mm, 780mm.
• KVB50.4.1000 edge boards, 50 x 50 x 4mm, 1000mm.
• KVB50.4.1200-40 edge boards, 50m x 50 x 4mm, 1200mm.
• KVB60.2.1300 edge boards, 60 x 60 x 2mm, 1300mm.
• KVB60.3.1000-50 edge boards, 60 x 60 x 3mm, 1000mm.
• KVB60.3.2000 edge boards, 60 x 60 x 3mm, 2000mm.
• KVB75.25.1000 edge boards, 75 x 75 x 2.5mm, 1000mm.
• KVB75.3.1800 edge boards, 75 x 75 x 3mm, 1800mm.
• KVB75.3.800 edge boards, 75 x 75 x 3mm, 800mm.
• KVB80.6.1000-40 edge boards, 80 x 80 x 6mm, 1000mm.
• KVB80.6.1500-20 edge boards, 80 x 80 x 6mm, 1500mm.
• KVB80.6.500-40 edge boards, 80 x 80 x 6mm, 500mm.
• MRVB35.3.1000 moisture resistant edge boards, 35 x 35 x 3mm, 1000mm.
• MRVB35.3.900 moisture resistant edge boards, 35 x 35 x 3mm, 900mm.
Safeguard and Transpal products are exclusively available from Southgate via their network of approved distributors throughout the UK and across Europe. For more details call Southgate on +44 (0)1553 69 29 69 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.