Let’s talk ISO
ISO 9001 is defined as ‘the international standard that specifies requirements for a quality management system (QMS). Organisations use the standard to demonstrate the ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements.’
What are the benefits?
- Increased efficiency
- Improved Productivity
- Minimising waste and errors
- Ensuring quality of processes and products
- Improved customer satisfaction
The Southgate experience of ISO 9001
The whole procedure was headed up by Ketsia McIntyre, who claims it to have been “an interesting and invigorating experience”. The course not only helped her understand every facet of the business, but it developed and enhanced her knowledge of the company and unify its procedures.
It was more than just paper work!
To achieve accreditation Southgate thoroughly reviewed all processes and procedures, streamlining them to maximise efficiency minimise the possibility of error and facilitate resolution.
…and, as a consequence…
- Revised and enhances warehouse management procedures.
- More quality controls that are stringent have been implemented to guarantee consistent product quality.
- Manufacturers and stock levels are meticulously monitored to ensure timely delivery.
- A refined list of approved suppliers
What this now means for Southgate?
This move will not only open the doors to new business but will also create even better customer buying experience and satisfaction.
With our network of approved distributors throughout the UK and across Europe, Southgate are confident that accreditation will further bolster their status as a leading supplier of packaging equipment and products.
For more details on the company and its products, call us on 01553 692969 or drop us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org